Full Literary C.V.
Published Poetry Collections:
- Parvit of Agelast: A Verse Fantasy. Dublin: Arlen House, 2016
- Pagan to the Core, Dublin: Arlen House, 2014
- Twelve Beds for the Dreamer, Galway: Arlen House, 2010
- When the Air Inhales You, Galway: Arlen House, 2008
- Split (in ¡Divas!), Galway: Arlen House, 2003
- Tenant, Galway: Salmon Publishing, 1999
- The Making of a Pagan, Belfast: Blackstaff Press, 1990
- Out of My Skin, CD, produced 2002
Published Prose:Savage Solitude: Reflections of a Reluctant Loner, Dublin: Dedalus Press, 2013
Short prose included in the following anthologies:
- Prose piece, 'Choice' in New Planet Cabaret, ed. Dave Lordan, Dublin: RTE, 2013
- Essay, 'That Realm Untenanted', included in Irish Spirit, ed. Patricia Monahan, Dublin: Wolfhound Press, 2001
The Rescue, a four-part, serialised story for children, set to music by Fergal Carroll, was broadcast on Ireland's Lyric FM radio station in December 2007 and December 2008.
English versions of original poems in Galician and Arabic have been included in the following anthologies:
- Migrant Shores: Irish, Moroccan & Galician Poetry,. Edited by Manuela Palacios. Co. Clare: Salmon Poetry, 2017
- Forked Tongues: Galician, Basque and Catalan Women's Poetry in Translations by Irish Writers, ed. Manuela Palacios, Bristol: Shearsman Books, 2012
- To The Winds Our Sails: Irish Writers Translate Galician Poetry, ed. Mary O'Donnell and Manuela Palacios, Co. Clare: Salmon Poetry, 2010
Anthologies in which work has been published:
- Reading the Future: New Writing from Ireland. Dublin: Arlen House, 2018
- Washing Windows? Irish Women Write Poetry. Dublin: Arlen House, 2017
- Stony Thursday Book 2015. Edited by Mary O'Donnell. Limerick Arts Office, 2015
- And Agamemnon Dead: An Anthology of Early Twenty-First Century Irish Poetry. Edited by Peter O'Neill & Walter Ruhlmann. Paris: Muavaise Graine, 2015
- Dream of a City: An Anthology of Contemporary Poetry from Limerick City of Culture. Astrolabe Press, 2014
- The Stony Thursday Book No. 13. Edited by Peter Sirr. Limerick Arts Office, 2014
- What We Found There: Poets Respond to the Treasures of the National Museum of Ireland, ed. Theo Dorgan, Dublin: Dedalus Press, 2013
- The Stony Thursday Book No. 12, ed. Paddy Bushe, 2013
- Shine On, ed. Pat Boran, Dublin: Dedalus Press, 2011
- Dogs Singing, ed. Jessie Lendennie, Cliffs of Moher: Salmon Poetry, 2010
- Salmon, A Journey in Poetry, ed. Jessie Lendennie, Galway: Salmon Poetry, 2007
- Something Beginning with P, ed. Seamus Cashman, Dublin: O'Brien Press, 2004
- Forgotten Light, ed. Louise C. Callaghan, Dublin: A. & A. Farmar, 2003
- The Field Day Anthology of Irish Writing: Volumes IV & V: Irish Women's Writing and Traditions, ed. Angela Bourke et al, Cork: Cork University Press, 2002
- Short Fuse: The Global Anthology of New Fusion Poetry, eds. Todd Swift & Philip Norton, New York: Rattapallax Press, 2002
- The White Page / An Bhileog Bhán, ed. Joan McBreen, Galway: Salmon Publishing, 1999
- An Cloigeann is a Luach / What Worth the Head, ed. Evelyn Conlon, Limerick: Limerick County Council, 1998
- Nautilus Literarischer Taschenkalender 1996, ed. Jürgen Schneider, Hamburg: Nautilus, 1996
- Poems in My Earphone, collected by John Agard, Harlow, Essex: Longman Literature, 1995
- Hearsay: Performance Poems Plus, compiled by Paul Beasley, London: Bodley Head Children's Books, 1994
- Ireland's Women: Writings Past and Present, selected by Katie Donovan, A. Norman Jeffares & Brendan Kennelly, Dublin: Gill & MacMillan, 1994
- The Popular Front of Contemporary Poetry, ed. Paul Beasley, London: Apples & Snakes, 1992
- I Wouldn't Thank you for a Valentine, ed. Carol Ann Duffy, London: Viking / Penguin 1992
- The Virago Book of Wicked Verse, ed. Jill Dawson, London: Virago, 1992
- Irrlandt, Ireland, Irland, ed. Jürgen Schneider, Berlin: Druckhaus Galrev, 1992
Some Journals in which work has been published (sample only):
- The Moth, Issue 17, Summer 2014
- The Stinging Fly, Issue 27, Volume Two, Spring 2014
- About Place Journal (aboutplacejournal.org)
- Southword, Online Issue, 21, December 2011 / January 2012
- Orbis #155, Spring 2011
- Crannóg 25, Autumn 2010
- The Stinging Fly, Issue 13, Volume Two, Summer 2009
- Poetry Ireland Review, Issue 95, Autumn 2008
- Orbis, Spring 2005
- Stinging Fly, Autumn 2001
- Poetry Ireland Review, Summer 2001
- Southword, Vol. 2, No. 3, Summer 2000
- Verse – Women Irish Poets, Volume 16, Number 2, 1999
- Honest Ulsterman: Autumn Journals, September 1998
- New Series Departures, Volume 3, Winter 1998
- Poetry Ireland Review, Autumn 1998
- Feminist Review No. 44, Summer 1993
- Poem commissioned by the Irish Volunteer Association, published on greeting cards produced by the Association in October 2001.
Critical works and Literary biographies in which my work has been mentioned:
- Weekes, Ann Owens ed., Unveiling Treasures: The Attic Guide to the Published Works of Irish Women Writers, Cork: Attic, 1993
- Feminist Review: Nationalisms and National Identities, No. 44, Summer 1993, London
- Eagleton, Mary, Working with Feminist Criticism, Massachusetts: Blackwell, 1996
- Bertram, Vicki, ed., Kicking Daffodils: Twentieth-Century Women Poets, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1997
Prizes and Awards:
- Irish Arts Council Bursary, 2008.
- Fourth prize in Academi Cardiff Poetry Competition, 2002.
- Second prize in Nora Fahy Literary Awards, Ireland 1998.
- Winner of the Poetry Slam in the Dublin Literary Festival, 1998.
I have a reputation as a performance poet, having performed my work in Ireland, England, Europe and the United States. Venues have included universities, theatres, cabaret settings, libraries, schools, open air, music festivals, television and radio. Performances are ongoing, and included an appearance at Marché de la Poésie in Paris, June 2013.
Workshops / Creative Writing Courses etc.:
My work in this area has been substantial and varied. I have given workshops and taught creative writing to all kinds of groups: children, teenagers and adults. I have had several post-primary school residencies and have run workshops at Literary Festivals in Ireland and Britain, and at the Irish Writers' Centre, Dublin. I have devised a series of practical master classes in poetic form, and give workshops in the dramatic presentation of poetry. I run a monthly workshop in poetic form at Swords Library, Dublin.
- Three novels, online as ebooks.
- The first book in a planned four-volume story for children.
- MA in Poetry Studies, DCU.
- PhD in progress.